M.2 Interface: PCIe 3.0 x4 lanes, up to 32Gb/s
3 Year Warranty, Supports Standard AHCI driver, APM and L1.2 Power Saving Mode, End-to-End Data Protection, Supports TRIM Command, RoHS Compliant, Halogen-Free Compliant
Works with most motherboards and notebooks with a compatible M.2 PCIe interface slot. Includes Z97 and X99 motherboards and pre-cylindrical Mac Pro. Not compatible with the MacBook, MacBook Air, Mac Mini, iMac, or MacBook Pro
512MB LPDDR2 DRAM Buffer Memory
Sequential Read: 2150MB/s, Sequential Write: 1500 MB/s, Random Read (QD=4): 90K IOPS, Random Write (QD=4): 70K IOPS
World Class Performance in a Tiny Form Factor
The Samsung SM951 M.2 PCIe SSD (AHCI model) is the new performance leader in M.2 form factor SSD's, providing up to 2150MB/s read and 1500MB/s write sequential data transfer rates.
The Samsung SM951 PCIe M.2 SSD is generally compatible in a wide variety of systems, so long as support is built into the system UEFI BIOS code. Since the SM951 does not have it's own option ROM, this is an essential requirement to be able to install Windows 7/8.1 or Linux. Below is a general guide. Please ask a question here on or direct an enquiry to the seller if you want to double check compatibility.
• Most Z97-based motherboards. Note, some boards have just 2x PCIe lanes on the M.2 socket. Check your system documentation as 4x PCIe lanes are required for maximum performance
• Most X99-based motherboards. Check your system documentation for details
• All 2006-2010 classic model Mac Pro computers (when combined with the Lycom DT-120)
• i7 model Intel NUC
• **NOTE** - the SM951 is not compatible in MacBook, MacBook Pro, iMac, Mac Mini, or the current 'cylindrical' model Mac Pro.
• Extreme performance - up to 2150/1500 sequential read/write data transfer rates
• PCIe 3.0 device, backwards compatible with PCIe 2.0
• Small M.2 form factor plugs straight into your PCIe-based M.2 socket with no additional cables required
The Samsung SM951 is an OEM product, and the 3 year warranty is provided by the seller
What's in the box
• Bare SSD Drive in plain packaging
Samsung SM951 512GB AHCI MZHPV256HDGL-00000 M.2 80mm PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD - OEM - B00VELDBJ6